NewsPolitics & Governance

Those Arrested During #EndSars anniversary Protest in Lagos have been Released—Sanwo-Olu

Lagos State Governor, Mr Babajide Sanwo-Olu says all individuals arrested during the protests to mark the one year anniversary of #Endsars, yesterday (20/10/21) have been released.

Governor Sanwo-Olu who made this known in Ikeja during the 10th meeting of the National Council on Lands, Housing and Urban Development, also restated his administration’s commitment to transparency on the matter and that the report of the Judicial panel on Endsars would be made public as soon as it is submitted to him.

“Yesterday (Wednesday), we saw a protest in Lagos and everybody that was arrested in connection with the protest have all been released, except an individual that was caught with dangerous weapons and who confessed to the police that he joined the protest to cause mayhem. The panel concluded its sittings about three days ago and has asked for time to put the reports together behind closed doors. We do not know the content of the report, but we want to say publicly that, upon the handover of the report, we will be making it public. We will not cover up anything. This is not who we are and that is not what our Government stands for. We will make full disclosure of whatever recommendations that the panel will come up with. I assure citizens of Lagos that we will not leave anything to chance.” the Governor said

He commended the Police for not shying away from their responsibility and also restated his administration’s commitment to rebuilding public properties destroyed in the violence which trailed the protests against police brutality last year.

Governor Sanwo-Olu also renewed the appeal on the youths to positively engage and work with government to bring about the much talked about desired change in the count

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button