Four days after the collapsed building tragedy in Ikoyi area of Lagos, the State Government says 32 family members have submitted 32 names of those still missing.
According to the State Government, so far, 38 bodies have been recovered from the collapsed building as rescue operation entered Day Four on Friday, while nine survivors were rescued.
Commissioner for information and Strategy, Mr Gbenga Omotoso who made this known while speaking to newsmen at the site said from 4pm today (Friday), families can now go to the Infectious Disease Hospital, IDH, to collect the bodies recovered from the collapsed building.
He said: “So far now, we have recovered 38 bodies. For bodies that may be very difficult to identify, we are going to be conducting DNA tests for such bodies to be identified. There are rules for giving bodies to people.
“There are some of the bodies that are in a state that it would be unprofessional for the hospitals to allow people to look at them in that present state and for them to be released the way they are. That is why we have the little delay that we are having”
Mr Omotoso who debunked claims that the rescue operation team stopped working on Thursday, assured affected families that the team would continue the search until the government could account for everybody inside the building at the time of collapse and certify that nobody is left behind in the collapsed building.